Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Two-tweed Tuesday

It's all about illiteration! In order to hold up my Me-Made-March pledge (in which I must wear a me made item everyday), I've knocked out a couple of quick tweed skirts.

I took the pattern off a vintage skirt that fit very well and made a wearable muslin out of a tweed offcut I had around the house. It's the oddest colour, yellow, purple and light blue in a fine tweed, the overall effect is beige. I'm not crazy for the fabric but it made a quick skirt, just to test the pattern:
(rather akward self take photo)
odd tweed


Then I made a long version in a beautiful fine brown wool.
It looked a little bookish so I made it oh so modern with a couple of strips of antique lace I've had stashed forever.
(needs an iron)

This look was inspired by my newest source of ideas, the website www.polyvore.com where I found this pic:

The idea of polyvore is that you can put together a 'look' and then shop your look. I just like all the pretty pictures.

I'm working now on a stretch skirt I've had cut for so long. Then I might get back to spring dresses, which are always the most fun item to make!
 


`

No comments:

Post a Comment